New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

MFF's over, and here comes..... AFF!

Hi Everybody,

Malaysian Food Fest was over and the last round up was done 2 weeks back.
I would like to take this opportunity to say something.

First of all, I would like to thank all my hosts.
Thank you for taking up the hosting request,
Thank you for their hard work each month and throughout preparing for the month,
Thank you for doing the intro and round up each month,
and most of all, Thank you for enduring it all.
The slashes from some people and the criticism thrown at them.
Thank you, thank you.

Secondly,
I would like to thank all who participated.
To Malaysians who are passionate about local food and to oversea participants who are curious about the food we have here.
Thank you for the effort to cook, and to share with us your culinary experience.
Some of you had been very supportive and very daring to try.

Thirdly,
Thank you to all who are silent supporters.
You read our posts, enjoyed the sharing and was glad to learn more about the food we Malaysians eat in each state.

2 years back, I never thought I would want to create an event like this. Personally, I had a plan to cover the state food by myself, as I was hoping to recreate the food I ate during my travels in the country. But it came to me, why not extend the fun to my fellow friends. I didn't expect the amount of entries the event would receive each month and it was truly truly encouraging.

The aim of the event, I believe has been met and I'm very very happy about it.
Thank you again everybody.

Now... some of you actually knew.. it's not going to end here.
Those of you who are on Facebook with me, knew.. I have something else coming up, but what?


It's Asian Food Fest!!!!


Please visit our AFF info page for more information about this event.

And you can LIKE us on Facebook.


And as the organizer, again.. I'm out in full force to support. I've started cooking my Asian dishes already, LOL.
I always plan in advance.
The dishes shown below are from 6 different countries, can you identify them?




Come and join in the fun!





4 comments:

  1. Thank you Wendy for organising MFF, it is truly an eye-opener. I'm one of your 'silent readers' and enjoyed all the posts.

    Looking forward to AFF, I'm sure you have lots of interesting recipes lined up!

    Hope things are ok for you as I myself am a mother to 3 young kids and looking after them and taking care of the house is not easy. I salute you that you are able to still cook and blog!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I really appreciate your initiative to organize MFF and now AFF. It really gives me the motivation to try dishes I am not familiar with. Apologies I was unable to contribute to Perak MFF. Will have fun with AFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, thks for organizing MFF, it's been wonderful and enjoyable
    so grateful for the chance to try new dishes, even though some were not so successful LOL
    looking forward to AFF :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...