New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rhubarb Lemon Cold Infusion - Rhubarb #2


I made this almost 3 years ago and never got to post it until now with the first rhubarb that I bought in 2010.
That time, I was screaming in my heart when I saw rhubarb in Jaya Grocer for the first time.

This is another recipe that I have been eyeing since I was a teen. My aunt gave me a recipe book and I didn't know what rhubarb was and this drink looked pink. Really no idea what it is or how it tasted like.
When I got my first rhubarbs, this age old recipe was definitely in my list to try.





I was being skimpy and made just 1 glass of it, with a lot less rhubarb as stated in the recipe because rhubarb is so precious. It's supposed to be simmered before consumption, but I decided to go raw with it. It was delicious. Actually I forgot I had to simmer it. Even when I used much less rhubarb than in the recipe, it still had the taste of rhubarb.

Refreshing!

Rhubarb Lemon Cold Infusion
Reference: Cakes and Desserts Magazine by MPH
Makes 1 serving

200ml drinking water
50gm thinly sliced rhubarb (you can use more, I was stingy)
3 slices of lemon (do not press)
Sugar to taste

Combine water, rhubarb and lemon in a glass container, cover and let it sit in the fridge for 3-4 days. Strain and sweeten with sugar.

6 comments:

  1. wow, i saw in BIG supermarket and my bf was asking me wat's tat...so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, why isit my first thought is to add booze into this drink? :P Now THAT'S a party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah ini mesti mau cuba! I love the pinkie colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMmm...i needed this last week...was having flu

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's really mouth watering

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...