New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Minestrone



Minestrone, pronounced :- meen -es-strohn -ay

I first made this dump in soup when I was 11 or 12.. don’t quite remember the exact time, but it was definitely the early times when I first learnt to cook. I didn’t know that it’s an actual soup called minestrone. To me at that time, it's just a no name soup.

How come I could bump into a minestrone soup? Well, my mom liked to buy vege that can keep well in the fridge, and these were available in the fridge at that time. So, I put in whatever I could find, pork, celery cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, and onions. I liked the outcome of this soup, so I made this dump in soup with the same ingredients the next time, and the next time, and the next time.Minestrone was made with broth as the soup base, I just made the meat broth as I made the soup.

Sigh…. I guess I have to change the ingredients next time I make this, no more tomatoes in my minestrone, as Mike doesn’t quite like tomatoes. But it does taste good with them in, what can I do? He doesn’t like the red plump fruits.
Therefore goodbye my old warming friend, and I shall say hello to the new tomatoless minestrone next time.. The name Minestrone still sticks to it, as there are no rules to a minestrone.

1 cup cabbage, cut into 1 inch squares
1 cup sliced celery
¼ cup sliced carrots
2 tomatoes, cut into 8pcs each
¼ cup sliced red onion
100gm thin pork/chicken slices
3 cups water
1 Tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat pot and put in oil.
2. Put in onion and sauté until fragrant, but dun brown it.
3. Put in pork slices and fry for a while until colour changes white.
4. Pour in water, tomato and carrots.
5. Bring to a boil, let simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Put in celery and cabbage. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
7. Season soup with salt and pepper. Serve.

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...