New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Chinese Style Potato Chicken. (Hor Lan Shu Kai) 马铃薯鸡



Chinese Style Potato Chicken Recipe


2 pcs of chicken thigh (cut into small pieces)
2 tbsp oil 1 inch ginger (smashed)
2 pips garlic (chopped)
2 Russet potatoes (cut into chunks)
a few stalks of green onion cut 2 inch long.

Seasoning A)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup water ( enough water to cover the chicken and potato)

Seasoning B)
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cornstarch
½ cup water
1 tsp dark soy sauce


Heat wok on high heat. Put in oil, garlic and ginger. Add in chicken, fry until the chicken the flesh surface is seared. Add in potatoes, fry for a minute. Add seasoning (A). Cover and cook until the edge of potatoes can be crumbled when lightly pressed with a spatula. When the potatoes can be crumbled, add in (B). When the sauce thickens to preferred consistency, add in green onions and turn off the fire. Dish up and serve with rice.





****
The final seasoning are added in last because the potatoes will soak up most of the saltiness if added in too early.
I like my potatoes crumbling in my mouth when I bite into them, so i dun fry them before hand. And this crumbling effect cannot be achieved with those potatoes used in making ABC soup.






11 comments:

  1. Fuyoh!!!! Wan Yee, you must invite me one of these days to your house to try out your ocooking skills.

    How's CNY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo.. now only u knew I can cook ah??? Everyone in MYF of BB or GB knew la that time! If u're coming to Kuala Kangsar, just give me a jingle and I'll cook up a storm for u.

    CNY was fine, and u missed the best lasagne ever!!!(talking big) Made it on day 4 for my guests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiyoh, i missed the CNY party full of Wen Yee's products.

    So sorry... when i am free, i will sure joining you guys. Good Food ma... hehehhe best way for girl to hold a guy is by food. Wen Yee's husband is 'Han Fok'. Girl, learn up please. :P

    Happy(C) New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aiyor Trevor, u mispelt my name! How could you!!

    Twist ur ears next time I see u!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made it yesterday night. It is nothing different with Chicken stew.


    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  6. this recipe looks so good. i'm trying it tonight!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. will the potato too hard if cook as above oni?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops sorry my name is Sandy who ask u abt potato hard

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy,
    I mentioned to cook until the edges of potato turns soft.
    Use floury potatoes for best results, for example: Russet potatoes or pink potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. vs6monsters,
    yes you can add in any chicken parts you like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...