New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Starfish Sea Coconut Soup 海底金星- CNY spread #1


海底金星... sea coconut, carrot and starfish 海底椰,金笋,海星.

My kids squealed when they saw the starfish in the soup. Haha! Such a delight.
And my girl asked me to cook it again. She likes the taste.

I made this soup some time ago when I had guests for dinner. No one ever tasted starfish in anything before. No one said no to this bowl of soup. I'm glad everyone didn't feel disgusted.




You can get dried starfish from a herbal shop in One Utama, and I saw these too in a dried seafood shop in Ipoh's old town.

Now, you might ask what are the benefits of starfish soup. I read it is beneficial for lowering triglycerides, some say it's good for relieving gastric problems... I am not sure though. I just take this for the taste. It's a bit fishy, but we like the taste.



Starfish Sea Coconut Soup

Recipe: Baidu 

½ old chicken (around 750gm)
2 starfish (around 38gm)
1 large carrot
50gm dried sea coconut
1 Tbsp dried goji berries
2.5L water
Salt to taste
Bring water to boil. Put in everything except salt. Bring back to a boil. lower to a simmer for 2 hours.Season with salt and serve.

*Do not stir the soup too vigorously, as it will break up the starfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...