New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Summer Squash Pancakes - Zucchini Courgettes #1


Zucchinis and yellow squashes are expensive here. They used to be even more expensive, but now gone to RM6/kg. But when I saw them this time, they were on offer for RM2/kg. Yeah! I got myself about 1.2kg of yellow squashes and used 1kg to make these.



My brother, sis in law, baby Arianna and mother came visiting on a gloomy Saturday afternoon and dear brother was hungry. He asked me to cook him something savoury as he knew I usually make something sweet to anticipate their arrival. True enough, I had Avocado Milk Pound Cake in the kitchen.

So, what else can I serve them? Squash pancakes :) I have wanted to make these with those squashes that has been sitting in the fridge for more than a week. Initially I planned to make just some just in case hubby won’t eat, but now that I have guests, I’ll use up almost all of my squashes. Good!

And they smell like hash browns when I was frying them. Better still.



Summer Squash Pancakes
Adapted from: Weekly Greens  

Makes 18 pieces of 3 inch pancakes

1kg yellow squash
1 .5 tsp salt
1 cup chopped spring onions
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 large eggs
4 tbsp flour
Good dash of ground oregano
2 Tbsp grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying
Sour cream or plain yogurt for serving.


1. Finely julienne squash. Put salt in and gently toss the squash. Let the squash sit for 15 minutes and it will wilt and release its juice. Drain the juice away and squeeze the squash dry.
2. Mix squash with chopped spring onions, grated garlic, eggs, flour, oregano, cheese and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a pan and put in olive oil. Drop tablespoons of the squash mixture and fry until both sides are golden.
4. Serve squash pancakes with sour cream or if you’re a miser like me, plain yogurt and top with chopped spring onions for garnish.





4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy
    I cooked this on Monday and my nephew love it so much that he asked to have it again next day.
    Thank you so much for another lovely recipe.

    By the way Wendy, were you at this Duck Rice Restaurant about 2 Saturdays ago? I saw someone who looks like you.

    Caroline
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline Foo,
    If you're in KL then it's definitely not me, haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...