New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, April 15, 2013

White Wine Cheesecake - Baked Cheesecakes #1



I heard about this cheesecake from Reese and she told me how delicious it was. When I finally had a bottle of opened white wine I decided to try it out for myself.

It was still a boozy even after baking for 1 hour, so the kids were forbidden to eat.

I liked it but my hubby was only ok because he wanted it to be more cheesy. My MIL found it too boozy. So, it's pretty much up to the individual. But I'd say the texture is absolutely beautiful. Smooth and creamy but light at the same time.






My cake cracked because I haven't been baking cheesecake for a while and forgot that I had to cool it in the oven, LOL. It was getting late and I just put it under the fan.... 30 minutes later, the middle cracked.

It's not hard to hide cracks.. just decorate it :p



White Wine Cheesecake
Recipe halved from Reese's Kitchen

Filling
250gm cream cheese
1 egg
45gm sugar
75gm plain yogurt
165ml white wine (get the best one)
1 Tbsp cake flour

Crust
100g digestive biscuits, crushed
50g butter, melted

1. Wrap the 6" round ring pan with aluminium foil (wrap the outside)
2. Grease the sides of the pan (I lined my pan sides with non stick baking paper). Mix the biscuit crumbs with melted butter and press it firmly onto the pan.
3. Chill it while you prepare the cheese filling.
4. Cream the cheese and sugar till creamy (no need fluffy).
5. Add in egg and mix well.
6. Add in yogurt and wine and mix well then fold in the flour.
7. Pour into prepared tin with the biscuits base.
8. Bake at 170'C in a waterbath for 60 minutes. Let it cool in oven (door ajar) for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool down totally before chilling in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
9. Remove from pan and decorate as desired.

this cake was hard to photograph... urrgh!

18 comments:

  1. Look gorgeous! everything seems so perfect even if you said it cracked! Wish I could have a piece to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. klau takde crack mesti atas tu mcm hangit2 sikit.tu kami punyalah klu buat bake cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, patutlah ada cherries atas cheesecake :) Looks beautiful and that reminds me that I haven't baked a cheesecake for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice! Hiya, no more white wine otherwise can bake this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ve never heard about white wine cheesecake before. I love wine and i love cheesecake. This is a perfect combination

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time knowing white wine can be used for cheese cake. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy,
    This cake look so lovely!
    Must try this if next time got left over white wine..:p
    Love your cake stands too. Did you homemade them? :p
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mui Mui,
    LOL, DIY with plate and bowl, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. this cake looks so yum, love to try it out! Can you replace white wine with milk/ water?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caca,
    White grape juice will be a better choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks amazing in the pictures you put up. It's in the oven baking now but I think the batter is a lot more watery than the usual baked cheesecake batters. I wonder if it would set. Thanks for the recipe, and to Reese for sharing. Wish me luck ;P

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hayley,
    Yes, it is more watery than usual cheesecake batters.
    Hope u like it

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wendy,

    If I were to double the recipe and bake it in a 8" pan, how long should I bake it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this cheese cake is lovely! I will do a wine pairing with a chardonnay and see if it pairs well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...